Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What are you COMPLAINING about?

I was 13 years old when I purchased my first outfit that wasn't a hand me down. Each Christmas I would always get the usual; hats,scarves, and underclothes. I was never grateful except for one Christmas when my sister bought me a Kenya doll. As I got older, my mother purchased a total of 3 vehicles for me. I was a bit embarrassed about two of the three as they didn't compliment my "Style" very much. In College, My mother signed for 3 loans on my behalf, and still I continued to complain even after she made millions of amends for me, oppose to many others who had to withdraw as a result of lack of funding. This was the ungrateful me. The unappreciative me didn't realize how many people never got the opportunity to even claim a Christmas, and all the while I complained about the materialistic things. I had to sit back and ask myself "What am I COMPLAINING" about? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Before I even part my lips to complain about what i don't have, i have to remember that "It could've been me", who was homeless,and had no support from family. About 85% of the people in this world are praying for the blessings,and opportunities that you have so why are you still complaining about that very thing?  I have learned  that GOD may not always give you what you want,but he will  give you exactly what you NEED! Be blessed and remember that WHEN YOU CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN, YOU SET YOUR LIFE UP FOR ZERO GAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment