Friday, August 27, 2010

With a strong prayer life, EVERYTHING will be alright

 With a strong prayer life, EVERYTHING will be alright


When I arrived to Los Angeles, I had no job, no stable home, no car, and not much clothes. Everyone told me not to move to Hollywood without a job ,but It was GOD who gave me the tenacity to cross the river of jordan and be on my way. Everyday for 5 days i would get up early in the morning at about 9am and travel to every retail store i could think of. I had no map, just an expired bus pass that I flashed to the bus driver praying that they wouldnt notice the old date. The first place i went to was hollywood. it was beautiful... Bright lights,thousands of people and entertainment that streched for blocks on in. My mother printed out 30 resumes for me to hand out. At about 15 resumes, and “no we’re not hirings”, I began to lose my focus. That was the first time in a long time where i felt like giving up. But I knew that when it seemed as if i was coming to the end of my road, God was creating a new route for my journey to continue. In church I learned that the tighter a situation may seem, the bigger the breakthrough will be. This was just confirmation that Los Angeles was where i would find a newfound success. On the 6th day i got hired as a supervior at a candy store in Universal Studios. That next day, I was hired part time at DSW Shoe warehouse on Hollywood Blvd. The irony in this story is that GOD only promises us victory in the midst of our circumstances. When things don’t seem quite convenient in your life, thats when you know your even closer to your dreams. I didnt stop thanking God just because I was unsuccessful on my job quest, I continued to thank him for just being my healer and a provider even in terms when I was undeserving of his gifts. Only then did the bountiful blessings begin to flow, and I was assured that with a strong prayer life, EVERYTHING would be alright!


No comments:

Post a Comment