Friday, October 23, 2009

When the physical body is GONE, the eternal spirit is still THERE

February 23,2005 was a day that I will never forget. It was a little breezy outside,but none the less,the weather was great. I had just came from a relatives house,and as I sat in my mothers dining room,I received a call from a friend. She told me that someone very special to me had been killed by a gunshot wound to the shoulder that pierced through his heart. She was so afraid to tell me because she knew it would hurt me beyond imagination. That was the first time in my life where the words couldn't even flow from my mouth. I turned on the television,and the news I had heard was in fact true. My first love was killed. This was the closest person to me that had ever died,and learning how to cope with the lost of a loved one was probably the hardest thing Ive ever had to do. I fell into a phase of depression because I blamed myself for the events that took place. It was the result of a party that I coordinated that even connected the conflicting parties and because of that I was distraught. Losing someone you love is hard. It makes you reflect on your life and the little things you used to take for granted. Now, I don't take anything for granted,for I know that the person I may see today could in fact be gone tomorrow. This excerpt is for anyone who ever lost a loved one unexpectedly. I like to think that the people who are the first to go,are the lucky ones for they were first to get to GOD. When GOD takes people away, it only confirms that they are ALWAYS with you no matter what. I dedicate this excerpt to my neo Carolyn Hardaway. You are always guarded by an angel and for that reason you are blessed in more ways you can imagine. Be blessed and remember, "When the physical body is gone, the eternal spirit is still there."

Rip
Reginald Dennis Gray
July 31,1986- February 23,2005
Love you always

Rip 
Deitra Capri Hubert-Hardaway

No comments:

Post a Comment